Monday, November 18, 2013

"We Love Pastel" Launch at SM City North EDSA

Pastel colors have always been synonymous to fresh, girly, innocent and young. But the ever-changing and forever-innovating fashion world had spun pastels into a style statement that now also means bold, edgy and strong by putting them on hair: yes, pastel hair colors is what's hot right now.

The idea wasn't new to me at all given I have friends who are dyeing their hair quite often, sporting colors from lavender to blue. I'm also fascinated with Helga's hair so I'm an avid fan of hers. ;)

Now Filipinas are becoming more open-minded with new and liberating style ideas and statements. More and more women today are experimenting with their looks. Some are growing out their hair while some are chopping inches of them. We're no longer hindered by a specific mold or type of what is beautiful when it comes to hairstyle (or fashion). This liberation is so worth celebrating.

So why don't we push it a little further by introducing the idea of pastels as hair color? :)



SM City North EDSA and Watson's, together with partner brands, launched "We Love Pastel". This is an event dedicated to everyone - from beauty enthusiasts to professionals - to celebrate and embrace this fresh new trend of wearing non-conventional hair colors.

The launch started out with a mini fashion show on how ladies can sport pastel hair: from casual, bohemian, corporate to a semi-formal outfit. I particularly love the model with the blue hair because she reminds me of Katy Perry in California Girl. ;) The event was hosted by the very lovely Kim Jones.












Fashion bloggers Doms and Alyssa being interviewed by Kim.


Even Krispy Kreme came in the party all pastel-ed up! <3

I got so excited when I learned about this event. I've been dyeing my hair (lighter each time) for the past year. Right now, I'm donning Sparkling Blonde from Palty, which is one of the brands that's participating in this series of events. ;) 




I got to meet some of the lovely people from Palty Philippines. They instantly knew which shade I was wearing, and they proudly "showed me off" to their new clients. Hahaha! I even got to talk to some of their customers wherein I shared my experience with Palty.

Lucido-L, also a Japanese brand that I've been eyeing on,  did my Goldilocks-inspired curls for today. They used a heat-protectant serum that makes my hair more shiny the more I use a flat iron. Cool, right? 








My hair didn't feel greasy nor weighed down. I also love it's scent! This product definitely helped in keeping my curls in tact until I have to wash my hair. :)


Fashion blogger Alyssa is having her hair done. :)

David's Salon, the first legit salon I went to when I was just a teenager, was also there. :)



I failed to take a decent photo of their model who's sporting a straight black hair with fire engine red streaks! It was so badass.  I'm excited to get a color like that! Lol well at least let's start small like an ombre? Lol.

Revlon, Vidal Sassoon, L'oreal, Claire's and Tresemme was also there. :)











What I got to take home with me? Hair products and sweets overload!! <3



Please don't forget to drop by the We Love Pastel area at the SM City Center of SM City North EDSA. From November 15 to November 30, the latest hair dye products are available with promos and discounts. 

On November 23 and 30, a Pastel Hair Makeover in partnership with Watson's brands will take place. Style Me Pastel by David's Salon will happen November 22 and 29, it's a free hair makeover session with top stylists from David's Salon.

See you all there! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment