Monday, July 22, 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast Pinkerbell Lipstick - Review, Photos, Swatches

I've read and heard a lot about some Wet n Wild lipsticks as dupe for MAC lipsticks. The most buzzed about one is Pinkerbell, a supposed dupe for Viva Glam Nicki. Is this true? Let's find out.

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Pinkerbell is a light, a tad bright pink with yellow undertones. It's in a semi matte finish. The opacity is excellent; formula wise, this is at par with the quality of MAC lipsticks.

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Pinkerbell








Compared to Viva Glam Nicki:




Shade: it's practically the same. Pinkerbell may look a little darker than Viva Glam Nicki, but that's only because of the difference in finish (VGN is satin so it has a little sheen to it, while Pinkerbell is semi matte). 

Opacity: they're pretty much the same. :)

Longevity: Given that Pinkerbell is in a semi matte finish, it has a slight leverage against Viva Glam Nicki (which is in satin finish).

Packaging: Viva Glam Nicki, all the way! Wet n Wild lipstick's packaging is a little problematic. I'm not a fan of plastic caps, and the rounded tip makes it a little hard to apply it especially on the corners of my  lips. It looks a little...cheap. :|

Price: hands down, Pinkerbell is more affordable. I can get at least 4 Pinkerbell for 1 Viva Glam Nicki.

But what did (or does) Viva Glam Nicki has that Pinkerbell doesn't? Advocacy. MAC donates 100% of sales of Viva Glam lipsticks to charity. :)


Upper lip: Viva Glam Nicki
Lower lip: Pinkerbell

To sum it all up: Yes, Pinkerbell is a dupe for Viva Glam Nicki. Which do I prefer? I really can't choose. I don't regret buying Viva Glam Nicki, but I'm really happy I have Pinkerbell too. For an addict like me, getting both is just right. If you're on the practical / sane side, get Pinkerbell.


VERDICT:

  I will definitely repurchase!



Where To Buy:
Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Pinkerbell
3 pcs for PHP500 (shades of your choice), @Makeupjunkieshop of Instagram / MUJS Notsojunkieshop 

28 comments:

  1. Great choice of color. Looks good on you. I haven't heard about the product though but sounds promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color on you sweetie! :) And I think the dupe you found for it is a very nice match!

    www.lovingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love W&W mega last lipsticks <3 I recently got two but cant wait to get more shades. Pinker bell is looking so gawjuss on you xx


    http://www.sanasramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting shade.... I actually don't splurge in lippies so this is the one for me.. Yey!!! Thanks for sharing a review sis..

    Http://www.plumpysindulgences.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! The shade is nice ah.. MAC na MAC! I want this because it is more affordable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one too.. and ang lakas nga makanikki minaj.. perfect for clubbing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Pair it with a smoky eye, clubbing na talaga ang peg!

      Delete
  7. at least there's an alternative option if someone cant afford a MAC lippie like me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! With this one kasi we don't have to sacrifice quality though it's more affordable :)

      Delete
  8. I dont like Pinkerbell on me and I don't like it looking at it from the tube but or some reason I'm so in love with VGN to the point that I'm considering buying it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get this shade! Same nga ang shade. And when it's on your lips naman na, no one will know the difference. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's it! I am going to buy this even though I am not a fan of the packaging. It looks really cheap. :(
    But the color is a stunner and I like how it's being referenced as the dupe of MAC Viva Glam Nicki! It's the color that I desperately wanted to have for my collection. *___*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the packaging, too! :( I guess they really perfected the formula and sacrificed pretty packaging so it'll still be affordable for us. Let me know what you think when you get yours! :) Thank you! <3

      Delete
  11. Wow! thanks for this info. I'll definitely have a try of this! Thanks much <3

    http://beautychaseandrandomness.blogspot.com/

    Btw, I'm an avid subscriber and was just on the sidelines before :) my first time to comment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHMY! Thank you so much for this! I'll definitely check out Pinkerbell when I visit a Wet N Wild counter. I'm not a fan of WnW's packaging too, but I badly need this shade!

    ReplyDelete