Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nailed It + Review: OMG Oh My Golly Crystal Sand Nail Polish in Opal

Hey lovelies! :)

Here is my nails for the week! This nail polish is part of my recent haul wherein I hoarded lots of OMG nail polishes. This is one of their fancier polishes (glittered), hence it's a little more pricey.

OMG Oh My Golly Crystal Sand Nail Polish in Opal is a deep purple, almost eggplant-like color, with glitters. I had some difficulty in applying this one compared to their normal nail polishes. Uneven coating and the hassle of retouching are my main issues with this one. After one coat, I have to wait for it to totally dry up before I can reapply or else the 1st coat will be ruined. The glitters also made it harder to clean up the edges. I couldn't give up on this one because its such a pretty color, so after fail attempts, I finally got it right. Well, at least it's decent enough to be shown to the world. Hahaha!


OMG Oh My Golly Crystal Sand Nail Polish in Opal 







PROS: beautiful color, very festive, buildable opacity, doesn't chip as quickly, very affordable, locally available

CONS: a little messy, tricky to achieve an even coat, a little time consuming


VERDICT:

 I will repurchase when I don't find something better.



Where To Buy:
OMG Oh My Golly Crystal Sand Nail Polish in Opal
PHP18.75, Landmark Trinoma

10 comments:

  1. I have the black one of this and I really like it. I use a nail drying spray to help me put on the second coat faster.

    The only con for me is that I need at least 3 coats to really get it opaque.

    But it's less than 20 pesos so I have no complaints! I also love the texture. Since it's so cheap I'm planning to get all the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I haven't tried the black one yet. Where did you get the nail drying spray? :)

      Delete
  2. I have this too! I love the color <3 I also got the green shade. Color of the year eh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also into nail polish nowadays. I'm happy that this is super affordable wala pang 20! I love the shade that you got and it looks really nice on your nails. I'll definitely check this out in Landmark soon :)

    xoxo,
    Gen
    genzelkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love purple (obviously) LOL. To play safe I always ask my manicurist to paint my nails purple cause it agrees with my skin. You can't go wrong.

    There's so many polishes in the market and this one is cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty! I just had same kinda polish the other day at Vanity OPI ginamit ok naman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and quiet festive! I'd love this color too when lounging by the pool. I tend to glam my nails especially when I'm swimming hihih.

    Thank you for sharing. shimmery purples are always so regal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the color is so nice! and your nails grabe they look so great :D love the glittry effect :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color and the glitters! Would love to put this on my nails if only the application were easier. Di pa naman ako patient when it comes to applying nail polishes >.<

    ReplyDelete