Tuesday, February 5, 2013

NARS Heat Wave Lipstick - Review, Photos, Swatches


I love all variations of red lipstick, especially those shades that are reminiscent of retro and pin-up.

NARS Heat Wave lipstick is a red-orange shade that comes in a semi-matte finish. What I love about this lipstick, aside from the gorgeous color, is how light it feels when worn. I love MAC Lady Danger (slightly darker and a touch more orange), but Heat Wave just glides on smoother and more comfortable when worn because of it's creamy matte consistency. On the downside, Heat Wave needs a little more swipes to achieve the opacity I prefer. It also has a distinct taste that might put you off if you're very meticulous on that area. Another downside is it's unavailability here in the Philippines. This is a permanent shade, but for some reason, NARS counters here never re-stocked on this color so I had to order online.

It's long wearing and such a classic color that I'm certain it will look good on most (if not all) skin tones.

NARS Heat Wave









PROS: gorgeous shade, long wearing, creamy matte consistency, easy to apply, contains more product that most lipsticks
CONS: needs more swipe to achieve my preferred opacity, has a distinct taste, not locally available


VERDICT:

 I will repurchase when I don't find something better.


Where To Buy:
NARS Lipstick in Heat Wave
Online, P1400 (approx)

4 comments:

  1. Nice shade of red. I already followed you and I hope you do the same.

    XX, Clothingloves for Love Month @ IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shade is gorgeous! i like it!

    www.keezandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. red is a color that any girl can rock :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your reviews and your blogs. I've followed you on bloglovin'
    Can you come visit my blog too?

    http://www.maitaatienza.com

    ReplyDelete