Friday, August 31, 2012

SIZE Matters Sausage Burgers - We Like Them BIG!

Being a plus-sized woman that I am, I personally like them BIG

If there's a type of western food that I would love to devour as regularly as I can, it would be burgers.
Thick juicy patty with melting cheddar, nicely toasted buns, caramelized onions, bacon, pickles, mustard, garlic mayo and fries on the side? I'm a happy girl. :)

But because I prefer big and delicious burgers made with fresh ingredients, I certainly expect that I have to pay so much for such. Or do I?

I recently discovered this new burger joint in the heart of Shaw Blvd: SIZE Matters Sausage Burgers.
They are located in the Ground Floor of 500 Shaw Zentrum Bldg.




The ambiance is really casual and the music is usually alternative rock. I love how hip the place looks and feels, definitely a place yuppies and students would love to chill and eat in. 

My favorite fact about this joint? Their sausages and patties don't have extenders. :)
Their prices are pretty affordable compared to most burger joints in the market today, which is really great since their serving is really generous. 


The IBJ (Italian Burger Job)

The BIB (Breakfast In Bed)

12-inch Hungarian Sausage Sandwich


Don't be fooled by their name though; they don't just serve sausages and burgers. 
They also have rice meals and pastas in generous servings so it would be also good for sharing. 
I also love their cookies and chocolate shake.

They also create their own juices (which I'm a huge fan of!) and their own version of Caesar dressing is really, really good! Oh and their gravy is pretty yummy too.

Carbonara
I love how their Carbonara isn't overwhelming with cream but with bacon and mushroom.
Saves us from the umay factor :)

Sausage Lasagna

USDA Certified Angus (worth P600 since this is about 250 g)

Buffalo Wings


Beef Salpicao

Chili Cheese Fries (for sharing)

House-blend Four Seasons Juice



House-blend Iced Tea and Four Seasons



Giant Cookies and Brownies


For your reference, here is their menu :)




TIPS: This is not required, but calling to reserve a table for you and your friends would be suggested. The place is a bit small and since people usually come in big groups, most tables would easily be filled. I would also recommend that you come in with an empty stomach because you will be full when once you're done eating! They also have a Wi-Fi so you gadget freaks would feel right at home.

Highly Recommended: The IBJ, The BIB, Chili Cheese Fries, Buffalo Wings, Angus Ribeye Steak and their house-blend juices :)


VERDICT:

 I will definitely go back!



Where To Find:
G/F 500 Shaw Zentrum Bldg. Shaw Blvd. Mandaluyong City
625-2030

12 comments:

  1. pag sobrang big medyo nakkaumay na din hahahah :)

    another thing on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaah. Pinalaki nga. Mukang sulit naman pero sana mura lang, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tip is not necessary but if the service is good, we better give them some as a sign of appreciation. I would definitely would love to try the food you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Good for food lovers. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to be able to discover Size Matters too. Those IBJ and BIB were really to die for. Haha! Let's go back there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. parang naalala ko lang yung super size me dito ah.. this is the ideal place for big boys! i wanna try their angus ribeye steak. i heard its really good from a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For 600 bucks, I agree that it's worth it. Looks like I might have to fast for a few days to get some room in my tummy for this place. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those in the menu looks very yummy! but i can't fit a big one in my tummy. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the serving is that big, the price is sulit! They only have 1 branch? :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all those foods! Sarap! Pde itong puntahan pag maramihan ang kakain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this kind of meal is good for sharing for those who can't finish a serving, the steak is really HUGE, unlike the salpicao though..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that's the Size Matters from T. Morato as they have moved to a bigger branch (in Shaw). You should have tried their pitcher-sized iced tea (highly recommended).

    This resto also tops my list and I may pay them a visit soon. ^_^

    ReplyDelete