Monday, August 20, 2012

MAC Show Orchid - Review, Photos, Swatches

MAC Show Orchid is a bright fuchsia pink lipstick with muted purple shimmer. Its in amplified creme finish which your lips will love. Though I find this one a little weird because its not as opaque as the usual amplified creme lipsticks I've gotten from MAC. This is a little sheer, but definitely buildable. In a single swipe, it can make you look like you're just wearing a bold lip stain. I had to swipe it 2-3 times to get the full opaque coverage that I want. The longevity is phenomenal! Even the morning after I swatched it, with the effort of removing it with baby wipes, the stain was still there.


MAC Show Orchid




swatch with flash
swatch without flash


PROS: Long wearing, creamy texture, fun and bold color that will suit most skin tones, a permanent shade
CONS: A little sheer (but buildable), has a drugstore dupe


VERDICT:
 I will repurchase when I don't find something better.



Where To Buy:
MAC Show Orchid
MAC Counters, P1000

4 comments:

  1. I really like that shade of pink... it's also the shade I am using. Next time I buy lipstick which is tomorrow for I already am running for one, I will try Mac... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute fun color! but i'm more on neutrals and corals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous color!! i will not stop until i find that here. hehe. i really love the shade :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i was wondering on which mac counter did you get it from? i'm on the hunt for this shade.

    ReplyDelete