Thursday, June 14, 2012

Illamasqua Lipstick in Scandal - Review, Photos, Swatches

Illamasqua lipstick in Scandal is a matte medium-toned pink that's almost salmon-like. I thought this was going to be a bright, in-your-face type of pink, but it's actually pretty wearable even for beginners. I was just a bit confused on why would they name this shade scandal when it's more of a gossip for me.

I really love the sophisticated packaging and the fact that its matte, though it could be too matte at times so I suggest you chicas wear some balm before applying this baby. I would also suggest that when applying, do it gently because it has a tendency to break. Mine broke off the day I got it because I was a little heavy-handed when I was applying some on (Sorry! I was excited!). I had to glue it back together using a lighter.

 Illamasqua Lipstick in Scandal




swatch without flash

 
swatch with flash


PROS: Matte, long wearing, color is opaque, shade is pretty wearable for most skin tones if not all, packaging is really pretty
CONS: Could be a little drying, needs to be handled gently, expensive, and is not available locally


VERDICT:

 I will repurchase when I don't find something better.



Where To Buy:
Illamasqua in Scandal
P1550, Online

1 comment: