Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SM Supermalls - iButterfly App For iOS and Android

SM Supermalls proudly released the SM iButterfly an Augmented Reality Application on your IOS and Android mobile devices last May 5, 2012 at select SM Supermalls.

I was invited to attend the launch in The Block; and can I just say, SM sure has an awesome taste and flair with their choices of guests. Celebrities and top fashion and lifestyle bloggers were there to witness and enjoy how iButterfly works and it's perks.

 


What is iButterfly, anyway?




 It is an app for iOS and Android devices that lets users have a fun and entertaining experience while getting perks (like coupons) when you're at an SM Mall.

It uses 3 technologies:  Augmented Reality, for seeing the iButterflies in the real world, Motion Sensors for catching iButterflies using your phone and your phone’s Global Positioning System or GPS for finding where the iButterflies are.  It is definitely a unique way of enjoying promos from our tenant partners such as Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, Forever 21, David’s Salon, Kenny Rogers, Jollibee, Mang Inasal, Chowking, Red Ribbon, Greenwich, Smart, BDO and McDonald’s!

 How does it work?  

First, download the application by  connecting to the free SM WIFI or the SM_iButterfly SSIS at the participating malls. You may also use your phone’s 3G connection. Using your gadget, simply download the App via Google Play and App Store’s, just search for the iButterfly Asia App.  Once downloaded, open the App and start catching  iButterfliesThese turn into instant prizes.  Simply claim your prize at  participating mall stores.


Download, Catch, and Redeem. Easy, right?

I really appreciate efforts like this by businesses like SM Supermalls. Being practical is the key to survival, especially these days when money is hard to come by. People are always open to better choices, and by better, I mean choices wherein we can get more. I'm a self-confessed fanatic of vouchers and coupons, and I'm sure most of the netizens are. Opportunities like what iButterfly offers is a great deal, and it's something I encourage everyone to take advantage of.

At the said event in The Block, I was able to caught an iButterfly from BDO that will give me chance to score movie tickets when I use my BDO Cashcard on any transaction  worth 1000php or more. Now all I have to do is wait for payday, and I'll be able to shop and redeem my prize. ;)

For more information, visit www.smibutterfly.com



Photos I took on the said event. :)






 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment