Sunday, January 29, 2012

MAC Impassioned - Review, Swatches, Photos

Impassioned - adjective; filled with or showing great emotion. 
For beauty and makeup lovers (especially MAC fanatics like moi), Impassioned is simply one of the best summery pink lipsticks one could own.


MAC Impassioned 

MAC Impassioned

MAC Impassioned
       MAC Impassioned is an amplified cream lipstick: creamy, opaque, and pigmented.
         The shade is refreshing and will instantly brighten up your face.


MAC Impassioned

MAC Impassioned swatch

Although there are no specific rules on wearing this shade (at least for me), I would recommend a simple, neutral eye makeup for this one. A shade like this deserves to be the highlight of your face.

MAC Impassioned lip swatch

I personally don't wear a lipliner for this shade because I haven't found a perfect match for it (suggestions are welcome!).



PROS: long-wearing, awesome formula (yay for moisturized lips), opaque, great shade :)
CONS: Pricey. But if you ask me, its worth every peso ;) Oh, and its not available in all MAC counters. :(

VERDICT: 5 CHILIS!


MAC Impassioned, MAC Counters
1000php


FTC: I paid for this product with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brand. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

6 comments:

  1. HNNGH. Must get my hands on that. Mahirap ba talaga siya hanapin? Sana meron sa MAC Counter sa Rustan's Shang. Wearable pink no? And it looks so good nga rin for summer! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a wearable pink ;) Hindi naman siya neon pink eh. Parang salmon pink yung dating. Sakto lang yung brightness niya. :

      I'll try posting a photo wearing it, yung kita ang whole face. Hahahaha!

      Sa MAC Trinoma kasi wala, sa pagkakaalam ko mas complete ang stocks and products ng Shang branch :)

      Delete
  2. Lipliner: you could try an invisible one, like Urban Decay lipliner in Ozone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYX spellbound is the dupe daw. I'm not sure because I don't have both but basin from the swatches' review, they are similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear!

      I'm pretty sure I've swatched Spellbound before, but I don't remember it striking to me as a dupe for Impassioned. But I probably just forgot. LOL. I have several NYX Round Lipsticks but I've given away most of them because the hours of wear needs work. I'll try to compare them when I get the chance. :) Thanks!

      Delete